Woking Athletic Club GRANT SCHEME
Woking Athletic Club is delighted to announce the introduction of a new annual Grant Scheme (“the Scheme”), aimed at providing some degree of financial support for qualifying athletes.
The Scheme, which will come into force this October (2021) and is aimed at first year under 17 or older, will provide up to £500 in any one year to any athlete who is clearly demonstrating real potential and commitment and who meets all the qualifying criteria within a qualifying period – defined as, a period between October 1st and September 30th of the following year.
Any grant provided is intended to assist with such as:- Travel costs: Physiotherapy: Athletic Gear: etc etc.
Over recent years there have been some superb performances at County, Regional and National level and some of our athletes have been honoured with international selection. As part of the Club’s drive and determination to continue to grow and develop, the Committee hopes that the introduction of the Scheme will act as a real motivator for many of our athletes.
- AVAILABLE TO ATHLETES WHO ARE FIRST YEAR UNDER 17 OR OLDER.
- MUST HAVE BEEN AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE CLUB FOR AT LEAST 12 MONTHS
- NOT AVAILABLE TO ANYONE DEEMED TO BE GAINFULLY EMPLOYED
- MUST HAVE ACHIEVED A GRADE 1 PERFORMANCE
- MUST BE RANKED IN UK TOP 15
- MUST BE A REGULAR ATTENDEE AT TRAINING
- MUST NOT BE RECEIVING EXTERNAL COACHING (unless otherwise agreed by WAC coaching staff)
- MUST PARTICIPATE IN A MINIMUM OF TWO CLUB LEAGUE MATCHES IN YEAR OF GRANT
How Will it Operate
- Any qualifying athlete must complete the Scheme Application Form (see below) and then ask their lead coach to add their comments. The lead coach will then submit the Application Form to the Club’s Committee, who will, after careful consideration, make the final decision.
- Committee decision will be final and will NOT be open to appeal.
- Subject to a positive response from the Club’s Committee, the Club’s Treasurer would then issue payment of the approved grant to a nominated bank account.
- Any recipient athlete who, for whatever reason, left the Club within 12 months of receiving a grant would have to repay the grant – in full – and would sign up to this effect at time of initial application.
- Successful applicants may also apply for grants from other external sources, such as the Arthur Kendal Memorial Trust