Woking Athletic Club GRANT SCHEME
Woking Athletic Club is delighted to announce the introduction of a new annual Grant Scheme (“the Scheme”), aimed at providing some degree of financial support for qualifying athletes.
This new Scheme is aimed at athletes who are first year under 17 or older, and it will provide up to £500 in any one year to any athlete who is clearly demonstrating real potential and commitment and who meets all the qualifying criteria within the qualifying period – see below.
Any grant provided is intended to assist with such as:- Travel costs: Physiotherapy: Athletic Gear: etc etc.
Over recent years there have been some superb performances at County, Regional and National level and some of our athletes have been honoured with international selection. As part of the Club’s drive and determination to continue to grow and develop, the Committee hopes that the introduction of the Scheme will act as a real motivator for many of our athletes.
- AVAILABLE TO ATHLETES WHO WERE FIRST YEAR UNDER 17 OR OLDER, DURING THE QUALIFYING PERIOD.
- ONLY APPLIES TO CURRENT MEMBERS OF THE CLUB AND ANY APPLICANT MUST HAVE BEEN AN ACTIVE MEMBER DURING THE QUALIFYING PERIOD.
- NOT AVAILABLE TO ANYONE DEEMED TO BE GAINFULLY EMPLOYED
- APPLICANT MUST HAVE ACHIEVED A GRADE 1 PERFORMANCE DURING THE QUALIFYING PERIOD.
- APPLICANT MUST BE RANKED IN UK TOP 15 AT THE END OF THE QUALIFYING PERIOD
- APPLICANT MUST BE A REGULAR ATTENDEE AT TRAINING
- APPLICANT MUST NOT BE RECEIVING ANY EXTERNAL COACHING (unless otherwise agreed by WAC coaching staff)
- APPLICANT MUST HAVE PARTICIPATED IN A MINIMUM OF TWO CLUB LEAGUE MATCHES DURING THE QUALIFYING PERIOD.
- Applications can be made each year during a two-month ‘window period’, from October 1st to 30th November. The qualifying period will, therefore, be the preceding 12 months.
- Because the Scheme has only recently been launched, the ‘window period’ for this the initial introduction of the Scheme has been extended to 16th of May 2022 (and is based on performances from end September 2020 to end September 2021)
- In future the ‘window period’ will be as stated above.
How Will it Operate
- Any qualifying athlete must complete the Scheme Application Form (see below) and then ask their lead coach to add their comments. The lead coach will then submit the Application Form to the Club’s Committee, who will, after careful consideration, make the final decision.
- Committee decision will be final and will NOT be open to appeal.
- Subject to a positive response from the Club’s Committee, the Club’s Treasurer would then issue payment of the approved grant to a nominated bank account.
- Any recipient athlete who, for whatever reason, left the Club within 12 months of receiving a grant would have to repay the grant – in full – and would sign up to this effect at time of initial application.
- Successful applicants may also apply for grants from other external sources, such as the Arthur Kendall Memorial Trust